Installing or Updating
If you do not have access to a server to host Full-Text RSS, please see our Hosting page.
- Extract the files in this ZIP archive to a folder on your computer
- Using an FTP client, e.g. FileZilla, upload the files up to your server
- Access index.php through your browser. E.g. http://example.org/full-text-rss/index.php
- If you haven't done so already, click on the link to run the compatibility test to see if your server meets the requirements
- Enter a URL in the form field to test the code
- If you get an RSS feed with full-text content, all is working well.
Each new version of Full-Text RSS comes with an UPDATING.txt file with step-by-step instructions. Please refer to that.
Generally, updating involves replacing everything with the new version with the following exceptions:
- If you'd configured the last version, copy custom_config.php from your old version to the new installation.
- If you'd added custom site config files (in site_config/custom/), copy those over to the new installation.
Did you find this article helpful?